Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I am a dedicated student in the Parelli Natural Horsemanship program. I am currently studying Levels 3 and 4 with my wonderful horse Solo. He is an RBI, mainly LBI now. I also have another horse. He is LBE/RBI, but I can tell he's innately LBE! This blog is for me to express my ups and downs of my journey with my horses, so read and enjoy my posts! Comments are welcomed! =)
Savvy On! =)

Solo

Solo
This is my first levels horses and my main love!

Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2010

I Love My Horses!

I had a great weekend filled with horsey wonderfullness! (= First of all, I am so impressed with how much Cavallo is learning! He can now do stick to me at the canter with slack in the rope! How awesome is that?! He barely ever had his little OH MY GOODNESS spooks anymore. Also, his skin used to twitch every time I would go to pet him (I think his previous owners would "pat" him any time they touched him) and now his skin stays still! All of this in about 6 months! He is SO brilliant!!

I also had an awesome day with Solo! When we started, I knew that we had to work on our send during the circle game because right now, it's not very snappy, which is also affecting his impulsion. Plus, when he has poor impulsion, he can't do flying lead changes. So first we worked on the send, which he fixed right up so that was awesome! Next we worked on our flying lead changes, which we have been struggling with for a while, mainly because we haven't been able to work on it much due to the immense amount of snow on the ground! Well after a few times of running into the savvy string, he sure got those flying lead changes down! After that, I let him have a break to graze. Then we worked on some long-lining which was pretty fun! I'm hoping tomorrow after school I will be able to get outside, since now its light til 7!! YIPPEE!! (=
Savvy On!

No comments:

Post a Comment