Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I am a dedicated student in the Parelli Natural Horsemanship program. I am currently studying Levels 3 and 4 with my wonderful horse Solo. He is an RBI, mainly LBI now. I also have another horse. He is LBE/RBI, but I can tell he's innately LBE! This blog is for me to express my ups and downs of my journey with my horses, so read and enjoy my posts! Comments are welcomed! =)
Savvy On! =)

Solo

Solo
This is my first levels horses and my main love!

Search This Blog

Monday, March 1, 2010

March Means Spring!

I'm so happy it's March! And what better way to start it out than a beautiful day!! I just wish I could play with my ponies today! Well, speaking of my horses, they are doing great! Solo is such an awesome partner and friend. We did some zone 5 driving with long lines yesterday and everyday we do it I can tell his confidence rises another notch! It was a good confidence booster yesterday too! My mom and I traded horses, and right away Solo lost his confidence, but he was trying so hard! I taught my mom's horse, Boomer, how to jump half-way over the barrels, because that's something they've been struggling with and it was cool when she finally got it because she started licking and chewing before her front hooves even touched the ground!!
After we played for a while, we took them over to eat some grass for a while, and I was sick of standing, so I jumped on Solo bareback. He then decided he wanted to follow our barn kitty around the driveway, so we went for a nice little ride with just our halter and 45 foot line coiled up! =)
Cavallo was pretty awesome this weekend! I can't believe how fast he catches onto everything!! He really is brilliant! My biggest challenge with him is keeping our sessions interesting and playful enough for him. He has definately brought out the extroverted side of me I didn't even know I had! He already understands stick to me at the canter and we've only worked on it about 4 times! The best part is how sensitive he is! I love that boy!
Savvy On!

No comments:

Post a Comment