Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I am a dedicated student in the Parelli Natural Horsemanship program. I am currently studying Levels 3 and 4 with my wonderful horse Solo. He is an RBI, mainly LBI now. I also have another horse. He is LBE/RBI, but I can tell he's innately LBE! This blog is for me to express my ups and downs of my journey with my horses, so read and enjoy my posts! Comments are welcomed! =)
Savvy On! =)

Solo

Solo
This is my first levels horses and my main love!

Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

My First Clinic!

On Saturday, I went to my first clinic! Well, actually, it was a workshop! It was with 4* Parelli Professional Nita Jo Rush! It was an amazing, fun-filled, positive learning experience! I learned a ton!
First off, Nita Jo told me that my stirrups were too short! YAY! That means that I'm developing a great seat! By the end of the day, I had lowered my stirrups 3 holes! WOW! It feels so good! Now, I'm leaning more towards a finesse seat when I ride, which is really exciting! So at the workshop, I worked on getting Solo's upward transitions really snappy! First, we did walk to trot, and instead of a jog, I wanted a TROT! I ended up getting a trot so big I could barely post to it! :D Next, we had to work on our whoa! Nita Jo told me that the reason Solo is downhill is because his downward transitions aren't fast enough, so he tumbles onto his forhand. We used a suspension rein to fix that, and by the end of the workshop, our downward transitions had definately improved! Lastly, we worked on haunches in. Solo really caught onto it! I was also informed that I am ready to begin finesse! All in all, it was a very positive and progressive day and I learned a lot of new and useful information! I'd like to thank Ms. Nita Jo Rush for all of the lovely advise and information! She is a wonderful, talented, sweet woman who I would love to keep working with!
Savvy On!

No comments:

Post a Comment