Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I am a dedicated student in the Parelli Natural Horsemanship program. I am currently studying Levels 3 and 4 with my wonderful horse Solo. He is an RBI, mainly LBI now. I also have another horse. He is LBE/RBI, but I can tell he's innately LBE! This blog is for me to express my ups and downs of my journey with my horses, so read and enjoy my posts! Comments are welcomed! =)
Savvy On! =)

Solo

Solo
This is my first levels horses and my main love!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

New Goals

As I was sitting in English class today, I had a thought. 2009 is almost over, and wow has it flown by! Solo and I had accomplished so much!! Ever since the Madison, WI Celebration and our spotlight, our relationship has grown leaps and bounds. I am so proud of this little guy. He tries his heart and soul out for me. We have accomplished more than I could've imagined in the last six months. And then I thought, I need some goals for us going into 2010. This is what I want to accomplish.
ONLINE
  • refine our long-line driving and take it to the next level (trot, canter, sidepass, flying changes)
  • play with circle game ALL THE WAY out on the 45 foot line
  • refine all of our games to phase one
  • figure out more ways to motivate Solo
  • sideways towards and trot and canter
  • sideways away at canter
  • draw to me at the canter
  • bow
  • lay down
  • rear
  • cutting
  • pass Level 4
LIBERTY
  • get more distance between me and Solo during games
  • circling game without round corral (go fast than a walk)
  • back by tail with turns
  • draw backwards with turns
  • sideways towards at trot
  • flying changes without round corral
  • spins
  • cutting
  • rear
  • bow
  • lay down
  • pass Level 3 (level 3 is ready, just needs to be filmed)
  • pass Level 4
FREESTYLE
  • pass Level 3
  • refine simple changes
  • flying changes
  • better bridleless riding
  • get Solo more on his HQ
  • get downward transitions better
  • jump better
  • get backing up faster
  • direct rein faster
  • indirect rein better
  • sideways-looking the direction he's going, or at least being straight
FINESSE
  • haunches in
  • shoulder in
  • half pass better at trot
  • half pass at canter
  • flying changes
  • smoother upward transitions
  • more flexion
That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment