Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I am a dedicated student in the Parelli Natural Horsemanship program. I am currently studying Levels 3 and 4 with my wonderful horse Solo. He is an RBI, mainly LBI now. I also have another horse. He is LBE/RBI, but I can tell he's innately LBE! This blog is for me to express my ups and downs of my journey with my horses, so read and enjoy my posts! Comments are welcomed! =)
Savvy On! =)

Solo

Solo
This is my first levels horses and my main love!

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Cavallo's Second Ride With Me!!

Yesterday my session with Cavallo was nothing short of incredible!! He's the smartest horse I've ever worked with! I've only had him for five months and he's doing a lot of Level 2 Online things! I know that all he wanted was someone to love him and show him that he's smart and wanted!
Anyways, now to our session yesterday! We went out in the pasture to play, and right away he was tuned in and ready to learn! It didn't take much at all to get him in a learning frame of mind! After we played with sideways and cantering during the circling game, we went and saddled up. Then we went in the round pen, and while my mom rode Mandala, I just sat on the mounting block with Cavallo and spent some undemanding time with him. Then when my mom was done, I got on Cavallo. (I want her to hold Cavallo's leadrope just for some extra safety) When I got up, he didn't even move. Actually, when I was standing on the mounting block taking a few deep breaths, he moved closer like "C'mon, get on!" So I knew it was time! I stepped in the stirrups and did three little jumped, then swung my leg over. We just sat there for a little bit while i pet him. Then I thought I'd try and do some lateral flexion. To the left was great! It only took him one try to catch on. To right, well it needs some work. He immediately braced and spun around a few times, but when he turned his nose in a little bit I let go. Then I let him lick and chew and then I got off. I felt like it was very successful!
Savvy On!

No comments:

Post a Comment