Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I am a dedicated student in the Parelli Natural Horsemanship program. I am currently studying Levels 3 and 4 with my wonderful horse Solo. He is an RBI, mainly LBI now. I also have another horse. He is LBE/RBI, but I can tell he's innately LBE! This blog is for me to express my ups and downs of my journey with my horses, so read and enjoy my posts! Comments are welcomed! =)
Savvy On! =)

Solo

Solo
This is my first levels horses and my main love!

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Solo, I Love You Dearly

Considering I haven't been able to play with my horses during the week due to me getting home and it already being dark, I've had A LOT of time to think. I'm a pretty deep thinker, and when I'm thinking, I'm usually thinking about my horses. I was thinking today, I have such deep feelings about Solo. He's like the best friend I grew up with. I had him since I was a third grader, and I'm now a freshman in high school. He's seen me in my happiest times and my lowest times, but no matter what mood I've been in, he's always the one to bring a smile to my face. When he sees me in the paddock and looks at me with his eyes sparkling and his ears forward, walking toward me, I can't help but smile! He is the horse that has put up with me learning Parelli. Without him, I wouldn't be the girl I am today. When I have low self-confidence, I go outside and play, and he reminds me again why I should have confidence, and why I should be happy with who I am. He doesn't judge me, nor does any horse. If you show them that you are a good leader, and that you are the "horse" they can go to, and are worth going to, that's all that matters to them. (oh man, I'm tearin' up!)

When we're playing and he offers the exuberance that Magic has for Pat, I know I must be doing something right. He is so smart, and the most tolerant horse I have ever met. He's put up with me jumping all over him, trying to figure out the best way to mount him bareback. He's put up with me crying on his shoulder and into his mane because I had a bad day. He always knows the best ways to make me laugh. Oh man, oh man I love that boy so so so so so so so much! He has taught me so much about patience and taking the time it takes.

Just when I think our relationship can't get any better, it does. He does something amazing for me, or I figure out another tactic that helps him come out of his shell. I feel like we understand eachother. I can sense when he's getting a little tense or unconfident and he's taught me to retreat and that if I just listen to him, he'll teach me all I need to know about him.

I could write on and on about him. I just wanted to write a little something in here to/about him to let him know how much I love and appreciate him.
I love you, Solo!!!!
Savvy On Bud!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment