Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I am a dedicated student in the Parelli Natural Horsemanship program. I am currently studying Levels 3 and 4 with my wonderful horse Solo. He is an RBI, mainly LBI now. I also have another horse. He is LBE/RBI, but I can tell he's innately LBE! This blog is for me to express my ups and downs of my journey with my horses, so read and enjoy my posts! Comments are welcomed! =)
Savvy On! =)

Solo

Solo
This is my first levels horses and my main love!

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

I felt like Pat and Magic!

I had the best best best session with Solo on Sunday!! It had warmed up and little and the snow melted big time!! Of course, with melted snow comes water and puddles EVERYWHERE, but we dealt with it! lol I got Solo and we made our way down to the arena, grazing on little grass patches along the way. once down there, we did some little things because I wanted to make sure the footing was alright to trot and canter! Lately he's been very extroverted! but i think that has something to do with the treats i bring with me! ;D So we did some things online including weaving, jumping, jumping half way, sidepassing, and all that stuff! Then I decided that long 45 foot ropes saturated in water and in turn saturating me, weren't necessary! So off came the halter and off we played at Liberty! He was AMAZING!! times 55445553! Yeah, that much! lol He was his usual goofy, silly, so full of attitude little self! we weaved, jumped, played stick to me (which was so awesome!) he was as light as hes ever been! then i thought, heck with it!, lets play circle game! So I sent him in a circle, and at first he kept coming back and checking in, but then I just make my send bigger, so his circle got a little bigger, but this was the first time he was able to make like four laps in our big arena at the trot without wandering away! He was doing so well I thought I'd ask for a canter! I knew my send didn't have to be big at all, so I brought my energy up and cantered in my body, and sure enough, he cantered! This was first outside of the round pen! I asked him in and he got the rest of his cookies and was a happy pony! Then I saw our mounting block and thought, "Hmm what would he do if i stepped up there?" so i did and he sidepassed over like PLEASE get on! So I slide on bareback and bridleless and we had a good 10 minute ride! here are some pictures!
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
Solo and I
That one is my new favorite picture of us!
and here's Cavallo after our session!
Cavallo tied up
He's so handsome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment