Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I am a dedicated student in the Parelli Natural Horsemanship program. I am currently studying Levels 3 and 4 with my wonderful horse Solo. He is an RBI, mainly LBI now. I also have another horse. He is LBE/RBI, but I can tell he's innately LBE! This blog is for me to express my ups and downs of my journey with my horses, so read and enjoy my posts! Comments are welcomed! =)
Savvy On! =)

Solo

Solo
This is my first levels horses and my main love!

Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2010

I'm lovin' it!

Today was finally a day I could play with Solo! I hate winters in WI!! I had 11:00 release today from school because it was the last day of finals (hope I will get straight A's again this quarter!!) and the last day of the semester. So I came home and went outside with Solo. Well where do I start?! He was FABULOUS!! Right from the start, he was SO exuberant!! Usually, that takes some motivation...hmm maybe he could smell his cookies in my pocket! ;p We play with circle game and transitions with the carrot stick. WOW! He is getting so responsive and light!! It's so awesome!! He can canter on a 12 foot line now it's just crazy! He's become so flexible and his topline has gotten so strong in the last six months! After circle we play with some cutting. We're trying to get it snappier so it actually looks like cutting. LOL Next, we did some long lining which was really good! We started with a tight weave at the walk, which was pretty much flawless, then I make it bigger and we trotted it. He did so well! I'm so proud of him! After that, we went in the round pen and did some liberty. We played some stick to me, which was awesome! Then we worked on our draw. After that, we played circle game, which was hilarious!! He started circling really big, but the snow was really deep around the edges, so he started circling closer and closer and closer til his sides were practically on mine! He was so cute! Then I asked him to canter for a few laps then asked for a flying change which was beautiful! The next time I asked him in we did some cutting because he he had so much momentum! Then I brought two barrels in there and did some jumping and all that fun stuff! Then I got on and we rode completely bareback AND bridleless! Usually I have a string and stick but I didn't feel like it this time! LOL The suprising part was that he was better than when I have my saddle and bridle on. I had so much fun! And I can't wait to film my Level 3 Liberty! EEEK!
Savvy On!!

No comments:

Post a Comment